Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Blog neglect

I have found myself in a bit of a dilemma. You see, I am having trouble keeping both the Blog and FaceBook up to date. After Thanksmas I put up some photos and updates on FaceBook about some visitors we had, but unless you are an old high school buddy, chances are you didn't see any of it. And considering that this blog is for friends and family, ... well let's just say I goofed. So here is a late entry.

After a very successful Thanksmas we had a busy week of visitors. Four very important visitors to be precise. Grandmaman and Pepe came down for a couple of days while their RV was in for repairs. For those who are not aware, Mom and Dad are now full time RVers - and this is no ordinary RV. It has a bay window, gas fireplace, central vac and air; basically, nicer and almost bigger than our house. It was the last time that we will see them until April and Mom smothered Max as much as she could. He will be so completely different the next time they see him. If we are lucky, he will be rolling! ;-)

After Grandmaman and Pepe left, we had the next very important people arrive: Nana and Opa. Glenna and Tom came down for the weekend and we had a great time together. Marty had a lot of school work to do, but we still had fun without him.

On the Saturday we went to the Canadian War Museum, leaving Marty at home to do homework. It was really interesting to go with Tom. He escaped Berlin during the Second World War and a lot of the exhibits brought back memories - some good, some bad. But he was willing to talk about them with me, which I truly appreciated. Tom has lived more in his lifetime than many people would live in four. I hope he will also share some stories with Max when he is older. I very much want Max to know as much as possible about his families' histories. That night Nana and Opa babysat and Marty and I went to see a movie. We ended up seeing a kids flick, but it was an outing nonetheless and for that we were grateful.

Sunday we all went for brunch and after Glenna and Tom walked around the Market for a while, I packed Max up and we went to Gatineau's Park. Again, leaving Marty behind. We went to Kingsmere to see Mackenzie King's summer home and gardens. It was cool but sunny and the colors were spectacular. There was a trail down to the waterfall which I suggested we take. An hour later, and some pretty steep slopes, we found out that the waterfall was dry! Well, I think I might be hearing about that one for a while. But it was a nice hike and Max seemed to really enjoy being in the backpack. And what a workout it was for me! That night we all just hung out at the house and Glenna and Tom headed back to the Big Smoke Monday morning.

It's so great having visitors. I barely have to hold onto Max. Everyone wants to either feed or bathe him. It's like a little mini break for Marty and I. So anytime anyone wants to come down for a visit, let us know. The bed is ready and Max loves to be smothered by everyone.

No comments: