Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Busy weekend and more

I know it's almost the end of the week and I am giving a weekend update, but it always seems that when I get a few minutes to post something, 5 days have gone by!

We had another busy weekend. Saturday night was Duncan's Halloween Birthday party. In attendance were myself and Maxim (Marty had too much homework); Julie, Pete and Nathanial; Karen, John, Emily and Hope; and ours hosts Meredith, Ron, Ella and Duncan. Six kids and seven adults. Soon there will be 7 kids( Julie will be ready to pop in a couple of weeks)! No one else is allowed to have any more kids or we will no longer out number them.


Max was great. There was so much stimulation going on, there was no chance of napping. He just loved it. He screamed at all the kids as they whizzed by him, looking longingly at their speed. Hey buddy, you've got to roll before you are going to be able to get any sort of speed. All of our friends kids are so well behaved. It really was great fun to watch all the action knowing that Max will be a part of the comotion next year. Meredith made yummy spaghetti and an incredible banana-chocolate cake that was shaped like a pumpkin. We left about 7:45 and I think Max was asleep before I put the car in reverse.

Sunday was another late night. We had dinner at Kevin and Sabrina's as Kim, Dan and Liam were in town. I was really glad that we were able to meet up with them as we didn't get a chance to see them when they were visiting this summer. Liam has turned into this cute walking guy who loves cheese and is pretty easy going. He will be two in February. Kim and Dan are doing great and it is always a good night at Kev and Sabs'. Again, Max was wonderful. As long as there are things and people to entertain him, he can be a little energizer bunny and last a very long time. This time we left just after 8:00, and I think Max was asleep before we clipped him into the car. Even with two late nights, Max wasn't cranky during the following days.

This afternoon I went to Karen's and helped her and Emily carve their pumpkins. I have to admit that I am a huge fan of the pumpkin carving. And bonus, I got to take home the seeds to roast. A fall favorite for both Marty and I.

We just survived our first Halloween with Max. We had to take turns watching him, eating supper and handing out candy. There actually wasn't a whole lot of handing out candy though. It's now 8:30 and we still have half a box of Doritos, not that Marty is complaining. Next year I should buy yucky candy so I won't be so tempted to eat all the left overs!

No comments: