Monday, October 22, 2007

A wonderful weekend

What a wonderful weekend I had. The weather was great and I got to do so much.

Saturday was a girls day out. Meredith, Julie, Karen and I all went on an adventure, sans kids. We went to Perth for lunch at Fiddle Heads (yum) and then Julie brought us to the craziest antique place I have ever been. This place is more junk yard than antique shop. Anything that you would ever look for, it's here. And then you go inside. It's mind boggling actually. I had to hug my arms because I was afraid to knock something in the leaning towers of porcelain and crystal. I ended up knocking something, but it was with my feet (there are piles on the floor too). Thank goodness it wasn't too damaging. I'm on the look out of old frames, and believe it or not, I was a little disappointed. I thought I would come out with an arm load, but only ended up with two.





Saturday night Kevin and Sabrina came for dinner. I made the famous homemade ravioli. We also made lava cakes from a package. Nothing to write home about, but did provide a quick chocolate fix. I think I might have dozed off in the living room at one point. If I did, I'm really sorry guys! But it was after 10pm, and it's a challenge to stay up much longer than that.

Then on Sunday Marty and I went to the Gatineau's for a hike. We left before noon to avoid the major crowds. It was a beautiful day and it was pretty busy, but we did end up on a trail that wasn't too crowded. Marty had Max in the backpack and we went for about two hours. It was wonderful. Marty and I haven't had some real time together with nothing else to do but talk. I didn't realize how much I missed that sort of time until we actually had the time to do it. Max was asleep for most of the walk but we did take him out for the compulsory pictures.



I couldn't have asked for a better weekend.

No comments: