Saturday, November 17, 2007

A bad night

For the past few nights, I have been suffering from insomnia. I get it every once in a while and I usually get over it in a week or so. But this is the first time that it has happened since Maxim arrived and I can say, it's way worse!

So last night, Marty, the love of my life, said that he would sleep in Max's room and do the night time stuff and let me sleep with my earplugs in to try and get over the insomnia hump. After catching up on some Heroes, I snuggled up with earplugs in and fell into a blissful sleep... for a while.

Marty said that Max woke up crying at midnight. A little earlier than usual, but Marty decided to feed him. Well, both Marty and I, in a brief stupid parenting moment, didn't look to see if there were any bottles made before we went to bed. How does that "assume" adage go again? So Marty had to hold a screaming Max while trying to make bottles. I can assure you that there will never be no made bottles in the fridge again. I however slept blissfully ignorant through the whole thing.

Then I woke up at 3:00am. This is the usual time that my insomnia kicks in. So I stumble down stairs to pee and then when I crawled back into bed I could hear crying through my earplugs. I take them out and Max is having a complete melt down. This is very unusual. Marty was at a total loss and so was I. I told Marty that there was no reason for the two of us to be awake, and since I was up I would try and sooth him. I did manage to. Marty was a little upset that I was able to do it quickly, but he has to realize that I am with Max all day and have picked up a couple of tricks. But the soothing didn't last too long. He slept for about 30 minutes and then woke up screaming again. So I gave in and got Marty to heat up another bottle. Max took it greedily (another growth spurt perhaps?) and fell right to sleep. If only I could say the same about me. Max started to stir around 6:00 so I brought him into bed with me. I used to be able to get him to fall back to sleep for another hour or so, but this hasn't worked for a couple of days now. So after listening to Max coo for an hour, I got Marty up. I needed to try and get some sleep. And I did. I slept until almost 10:00am! It was wonderful. I am feeling very refreshed today.

Here's hoping that tonight is better.

1 comment:

H Munro said...

Weird...there must have been a full moon or something. Sara barely slept that night also, Dan and I got three hours total sleep. What is up with that!