Sunday, November 11, 2007

Maxim Update

For about a nano second, I thought that maybe I would join the NaBloPoMo (National Blog Post Month) where you attempt to post every day in the month of November. Good thing I didn't try or I would have failed miserably. Where did I get this idea? Karen - my ultimate blogging friend, of course. So since I haven't been very diligent in my blogging, I will try and give a comprehensive blog update.

We had our 6 month check up this week. Unfortunately, Max couldn't get his shots as he has a cold. He is blowing snot bubbles with the best of them, and his little voice is hoarse. I don't know whether to laugh at him or cry. So we have to go back in another week to get his shots. He is now a healthy 19lbs 2oz and 26 1/2". Best thing about the check up, the Doctor told me that we didn't have to sterilize the water for his formula. He said that they put enough unsterilized things in their mouths that it's not really needed. Woohoo! That saves a lot of time and stress.

We still have a nice routine. He sleeps in to about 7:30ish (I am sleeping in the spare bed with him, but I am not complaining). We go to the dog park every morning. In the afternoon I either try and get him to nap or we are out doing some errands. Night time is still really good. Marty gives him his bath and puts him down around 7:30. Max is a really good night time sleeper, and we are very lucky.

We are still really enjoying the music class we are taking on Thursday mornings. We have learned lots of songs and stories and Max seems to get a real kick out of seeing all of the other babies. We are going to start going to a drop in baby group on Tuesday afternoon with Heather and Sarah. As you can see, Max is trying to flirt with Sarah, but she is much more interested in the cube. We met Heather and Sarah through an online moms forum. They live just near by and we get along great. Isn't it the best when you happen to meet up with someone with whom you have so much in common with and just gets you.

Max's favorite place seems to be in his excersaucer. He actually has managed to figure out how to sit in it like a lounge chair. He is his father's son! He loves to spin around and scream at the animals. Actually his favorite thing is to yell and scream at their tails. He is really fascinated by them. He has also been enjoying the Jolly Jumper that Karen lent us. He is starting to get the hang of it, and again spins around to find the animals.

And finally, Max is eating really well. Avocados seem to be the only thing that he is not interested in. I guess I will have to thaw the avocado cubes and make some guacamole. Now he is having some turkey and we even gave him a little bit of spaghetti yesterday. I am hoping that he keeps his healthy appetite.

That's the news for now.

2 comments:

H Munro said...

They look so cute together!
Just for future reference, no biggy at all, but it is Sara with no 'H'.

Julie said...

Ack! I will make the correction!