Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The sounds of life, with an apology on the side...

OK – so the blog has been hijacked. Normally, I would spend an inordinate amount of time ranting about Julie’s entries regarding wireless bras and fat pants. All men have now vacated the site, deleted the bookmark, and most likely have had any reference to me permanently wiped from their memory. None of this matters, however, now that we have heard the heartbeat.

That’s right! It was somewhat surreal sitting there listening to the gurgled pace, and any disbelief as to the reality of the situation has now gone completely MIA. By the end of the month, we will have hit the halfway mark! In all my elation, it took me a moment to realise that the doctor had asked Julie to lie on the table. Upon hearing the word “PAP-…”, I suddenly recalled the article in Home & Garden that I left unfinished in the waiting room, and left to research potential pergola designs for our yard.

A superficial struggle has begun over potential names. I say superficial because Julie is steadfast in her choices, and do I really have any chance in changing her mind? As much as I like them, I’m not ready to close any doors quite yet. Besides, how can she not think that Christopher Walken Detto is an outstanding name (boy or girl – it’s all the same)?

All the best to the women still reading the blog, and to the men, I’m terribly sorry…I let you down…

No comments: