Monday, November 27, 2006

I've lost my belly button!!

Ack!! I no longer have a belly button. The one thing that all humans have, that one link that proves you're human and not a clone, the belly button. Well mine is gone. It's stretched out flat, well almost flat. In a matter of days it will have completely disappeared. I don't think that I will pop to an outty, like a Butterball turkey. I had a herniated belly button as a baby and it's pretty tight. Nothing really to pop out. But what am I saying, everything else has surprised me so far, so I will probably do the turkey thing.

Oh, by the way, I found out the answer to my question about the weird line on my belly. It seems that all women have this line, called the linea alba (white line). It's there, you just can't see it because it's the same colour as the rest of your skin. With pregnant woman, this line turns dark, linea negra (black line) due to all of the lovely pregnancy hormones coursing through their bodies. So there you have it. A little trivia knowledge for you. It still doesn't answer the question of why we have this line in the first place, but hey, beggars can't be choosers!

No comments: