Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Bump has arrived

As the picture below clearly shows, the Baby Bump has arrived. I have now entered that trendy stage that all the Hollywood starlets are so famous for (well at least according to People Magazine!). I have also fully succumbed to maternity clothing, tops and all. So now every time I speak with someone they look at my belly instead of my eyes and every conversation starts with " So how are you feeling?" I know everyone means well and my friends and colleagues are genuinely thrilled for me, but I imagine that this is going to get old pretty fast. We still have another 5 months to go people! Pace yourselves!

I have officially entered the second trimester, the wonderful time of the pregnancy when I will feel wonderful, full of energy and will glow... or so the books tell you. Well, I'm still waiting for it. As I type this I sip my ginger tea slowly to try and bade the nausea, try desperately not to scratch my stomach raw because it's so incredibly itchy and stay awake long enough to watch a new episode of House. But who knows, maybe I'm glowing all the while! Actually, I have been feeling much better, the nausea is not as frequent and I do have great energy during the day. Mornings are my best time when I have the most energy, which kills Marty on the weekend when he needs a few hours to get up to full steam and I am dancing around him impatient to get moving. By the time he's ready to go, I'm ready for a nap. I'm sure we will synch up eventually.

That's the news for now. Keep on visiting, you never know when I will be inspired!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Itchy now? Just wait until the ninth month. The belly will be itchy and numb (in spots) at the same time. An icky feeling. The joys of the expansive belly.