Friday, November 03, 2006

Bras

You would think that with breast cancer being a huge issue these days and awareness campaigns running full throttle, that you would be able to find a bra with no underwire. The Canadian Breast Cancer Fund recommends that women not wear underwire bras, but every shop that sells bras only has underwire nowadays. I have some wonderful no underwire t-shirt bras, nice molded cup, good support, super comfortable, but they no longer make them. Why? Is society now moving backwards in bra fashion even when 1 in 9 women are diagnosed with breast cancer?

Why this rant today? Well as my boobs inflate daily, my cups runneth over and I am in need of bras. Comfortable bras that I won't feel the need to undo under my sweaters and walk around work with no support (I was desperately uncomfortable!). Yesterday was my second attempt to find bras with no underwire, that were comfortable, didn't have the seem that runs across your nipple (anyone know what that's for?) and provided some semblance of support. After an hour and a half of tying on bras (and there is no exaggeration here) I finally came across one bra that fit, was comfortable and had no seem. Unfortunately it's not a molded cup, but beggars can't be choosers. So I bought three. And even better, there was a one day sale on undergarments at Sears yesterday. Bonus!

No comments: