Friday, April 18, 2008

Bad Parenting Moment No.156: First Blood

Poor Max had a pretty rough week last week. First falling out of bed, and then falling down the stairs. Yep, he fell down two of the back stairs. The fall isn't too steep and the stairs are actually padded, but with the luck he was having, he landed on the stroller wheels for the Chariot. So not only did he have the fright of falling down stairs, he cut his head.

Needless to say, Marty and I were beside ourselves with guilt. It was one of those situations where he thought I was looking after him and I thought he was looking after him and neither of us realized that the door to the back stairs was open.

So there you have it. First blood drawn at 11 1/2 months. I think that's a pretty good track record. I realize that it pretty much is open season for bumps, lumps, bruises and more bloody body parts. No delusions over here. I just think we did pretty got for at least the first year!

Here is Max about a half hour later. He's over it. Marty and I, well lets say we are still kissing the bobo better. I think more to ease our guilty consciouses, than for Max's benefit.

No comments: