Thursday, March 01, 2007

How to Lose Your Readership in 1 Easy Step...

...and that step is to do nothing. Is anyone still out there??? OK..as the due date approaches, my attention has turned from updating the blog to living my life as a childless man to the fullest. This of course, means focusing much of my free time on my fantasy hockey pools, surfing the web, watching TV (especially Heroes), and eating an abundance of unhealthy food. How is this different than my life pre-pregnancy? It isn't, of course, and that's the point. Once boy enters our lives, these precious moments will become rare, if not extinct (or so Julie tells me), so I really need to get it out of my system now. It's not as bad as it sounds, of course. I am spending some quality time mentally preparing to begin exercising. I find that picturing myself using a treadmill or lifting weights actually makes me feel better about myself, knowing full well that at some point, it will actually happen. Certainly not sweat-worthy, but productive nonetheless.
With all of the suggestions from the plethora of reading material we (mostly Julie) have consumed, playing music for Boy in the womb is the one that intrigues me the most. Therefore, I have compiled Baby's First CD! An inital test indicated that Boy kicked up a real fuss over songs that were upbeat and had basslines that jumped around, but as we understand it, the music can also be used post-birth to help soothe Boy, so I wanted some more mellow takes in there as well. After careful consideration, the tracklisting is as follows:

1. Teardrop - Massive Attack
2. Breathe - Telepopmusik
3. Nothing Can Stop Us - Saint Etienne
4. Never Know - Jack Johnson
5. Love Is No Big Truth - Kings of Convenience
6. Here Comes The Sun - The Beatles
7. All is Well - Bet E & Stef
8. Maybe San José - De-Phazz
9. Long Legs - The Magic Numbers (Boy's favourite so far)
10. Pink Moon - Nick Drake
11. Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson
12. Yours to Keep (feat. Nenah Cherry) - Teddybears
13. Know How (with Feist) - Kings of Convenience
14. God Put A Smile Upon Your Face - Coldplay
15. The Heart Remains a Child - Everything But the Girl
16. Ce Matin La - Air

Anyone wishing a copy of the CD, please send $10 cash or money order. If you are connected with the Canadian Recording Indistry Association, and have begun taking action against me, get a sense of humour...and then send $10 cash or money order.
I'm excited to discover whether this will work or not, but Boy's going to have to learn to differentiate between good music and the trash that litters our airwaves at some point, so at least the CD should accomplish that much.

I can't make any promises, but I'll endeavour to blog a little more often.

No comments: