Friday, March 02, 2007

Update

Had my second appointment with the midwife yesterday. Not as great as the first one. My glucose is a little high as well as my blood pressure. So I have been told that I have to cut out the sweets. This was not good news considering that I have been on a bit of a sweet binge lately. Cadbury mini eggs are a staple in my diet (they’re only around once a year you have to take advantage!), so are home made milkshakes (with fresh fruit!), chocolate chip cookies, home made brownies, and the PC grapefruit carbonated drink which has been a god send due to the terrible heartburn, but which Tam pointed out is full of sugar. So now I have to go cold turkey. What will I snack on? Right, vegetables. My favorite! And yes, I know, I need to try and exercise a little more to help with the blood pressure thing.

Other that than the appointment went well. Giant baby syndrome seems to have tapered off and my belly is now measuring normal. Thank goodness! Junior’s head is already down. Now he just has to make sure that he stays that way. He has been extremely active, to the point of being somewhat annoying at times. His hiccups drive me crazy!

As Marty points out below, we will try and be a little more diligent with the postings in the next couple of weeks as things start to gear up. And this weekend will be the next Belly Watch episode, but there won’t be much difference from the last one since Junior has taken a little break on the growing.

Stay tuned...

No comments: