Saturday, July 07, 2007

Not much to report

I must apologize to the few dedicated blog readers for not having posted recently. There just doesn't seem to be much to report. Things are still the same. Max spits up terribly, the night indigestion doesn't seem to have gotten any better and I don't think the Zantac is working any. But this is now all routine, it isn't overwhelming anymore and therefore nothing new to report. We see the doctor again this week and we'll see what he has to say.

One thing new, Max is starting to giggle. It's a real throaty giggle, but adorable all the same. We can't always get him to do it, but when we do, it's golden. I'm starting to get a little fed up with the fact that he can't seem to fall asleep on his own. He gets tired and cranky and if you try to put him down in the bassinet he has a complete melt down and just can't sooth himself because he is so upset. The only way he seems to be able to fall asleep is in the sling, or in your arms if you are sitting down. Needless to say, this is rather inconvenient. I'd love to have an hour during the day to do some pilates or even just to sit and have a quiet cup of tea. Oh, I can see all you mothers out there rolling your eyes saying "what did you think you were getting into?!?" but I bet your babies slept on their own for a few hours a day!

We are gearing up to go to the Muskoka's where the Dettos have rented a cottage on a lake. We went last year and it was a great time. It will be interesting to see how it works out with Max. I can't say I am looking forward to the drive, as it was a good 5 1/2 hours last year and that was sans baby. Hopefully Max will travel well long distances. The furthest we have gone is Montreal, and that wasn't too bad. I'm sure the week at the cottage will give me lots of fodder for new posts. Oh, and by gearing up we bought a cargo box for the car. Nothing like spending a significant amount of money on a plastic box! But with Chili in the hatch, there is no room for anything else. The trip to the cottage will be a good test to see whether or not it was worth the money. I think it will be.

No comments: