Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Got Milk?

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do! I made the decision yesterday that Max wasn't latching well, breast feeding was hurting again, and it was just unpleasant all around. The decision was that I would pump and we would just give Max the bottle, with breast milk and formula. Well, I starting to pump and holy cow (pardon the cow reference), there's milk in them boobs! And a significant amount to boot. So it would seem that it isn't so much my not producing milk, it is more Max and I can't seem to work together to get the milk from boob to mouth. So I am glad that we will be able to give him mostly breast milk, but am a little sad that the actual breast feeding didn't work out. I will still nurse him everyone once in a while, perhaps once a day, to make sure that he can still take the breast just in case we are somewhere without a bottle.

Preparations are starting for our trip to the cottage. And by preparations, I mean I have already starting on lists in my head, next step is to put them down on paper. Marty has already started to make fun of me, but he will appreciate the lists when we are at the cottage and nothing has been forgotten. I really hope the in-laws are ready for us. Max doesn't sleep through the night and scream when ever we try to burp him, including in the middle of the night. I hope they think is cute enough to let it slide!

No comments: