Thursday, July 26, 2007

3 months old

I am going to take a cue from my friend Karen, who writes letters to her two little ones every once in a while on her blog.

Dear Maxim (or jellybean as we like to call you),

Today is July 24th and you are three months old. It's hard to believe that you have already been in our lives for three months, and other times it seems that you have always been part of our lives.

Daddy and I consider you our little miracle baby, since we were told that chances of getting pregnant naturally were pretty slim. But you persevered, your stubbornness started right from the beginning. I really liked being pregnant. It took us so long to get pregnant, and knowing that I only wanted one child, I cherished every moment I had. The last month or so was the best (other than you being breech, again, the stubbornness showing very early on). Yes I was rather large, going up stairs was an effort, and my swim suit barely fit me anymore (I was swimming up until about 2 weeks before you were born), but every night when I went to bed, I would lay there with my hand on my belly and just feel you move. And every time you did, I would smile and say "Hello little one!". It was just the most wonderful feeling. I got a little annoyed sometimes because you had the hiccups everyday, but even those would make me smile while I rubbed my belly thinking it would alleviate the annoyance for you. I know I hate it when I get the hiccups.

Your birth was fast! I couldn't believe how fast it was. They had already started cutting me open and Daddy hadn't arrived yet. I first knew of your arrival when you let out a great cry. My son had arrive! Daddy brought you over to me and nestled you to my cheek and all I could do was smile and stroke your cheek and say "Hi Maxim." I was pretty overwhelmed that you were finally here and I could finally see who you looked like. You were beautiful! A perfect little round face, not all smooshed. The football shape of your head made me laugh and I loved stroking your fuzzy hair. I was in awe of you.

Now I am still in awe of you. Every day you show me something new. A few days ago you lifted your head up high when I put you on your belly (something you aren't terribly fond of), yesterday we had a long conversation back and forth, and today you had your first giggle fit. Every time I am exhausted and don't know how I am going to get through the day, you give me one of your smiles that takes over your whole body, and I am refreshed and ready to tackle anything.

We had a rough go at the beginning, but the first three months gone, the ground work is laid, and the rest is just gravy. ;-) I can't wait to see what the next three months bring.

I love you my jelly bean,

Mommy

No comments: