Friday, December 08, 2006

Update

We had another prenatal appointment this week. Every thing seems to be tickety-boo. The heart beat was nice and strong, my blood pressure was bang on and nothing came up on the pee test. But there was one kicker. I've gained 10 pounds since my last visit. That was four weeks ago. That's over two pounds a week! At this rate I'll barely get out the door in a couple of months. I've been really good, eating at least four pieces of fruit a day, not eating the stereotypical chocolate-bar-a-day. I do love my bread though. It's jut so yummy and usually helps with the ickyness I am still feeling on an almost daily basis. But I have a theory. Poop. You heard me, poop. For those of you who don't know, pregnancy pretty much slows your colon to a grinding halt. And for those who know me, my colon wasn't exactly Speedy Gonzales to start off with. So, I figure a few of these pounds have got to be poop. It's my excuse and I am sticking with it!

Tonight is Marty's last night at the house of terror. He is absolutely giddy. He has five full days off without any chance of getting called in before he starts his new shift at the house in Almonte. It's a little farther out, but he has worked there before and really likes the way it is run and the kids seem to be pretty good. Well, he hasn't had his life threatened there, so I'm all for that! The other place was just terrible. He was so stressed about going to work that he stopped eating and got very little sleep, and when he did, he dreamed about work. So now he will be working the over night shift, four days on, four days off. We will actually get to spend some time together! Very exciting. Maybe I will eat less bagels for dinner and actually start to cook some real food! I hate cooking for myself.

We have met with a doula. A woman called Leslie who is actually a registered nurse. She seems really nice and very calm. I think we will probably sign up with her. I've just received the name of another doula that I am going to see if we can meet just to compare. It wouldn't hurt to see how we like her.

So there you have it. Stay tuned as this weekend we will post a belly picture update. We just received our new digital camera. Marty did a bunch of research, and found the perfect one for us, until we found out the price! But, he got on eBay and starting bidding. After a pretty intense afternoon of bidding , he won! My little techno-geek was so happy! And it arrived today. I am being very good and will wait for tomorrow and let Marty open the box, even though it's killing me!

No comments: