Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Big Announcement!

It has come to my attention from my parents that the Detto lineage has proven to be full of men. All of my direct aunts and uncles have given birth to boys. On Julie's side, all of the women have produced girls. The girl-boy odds seem to be even in our case. Well, as I mentioned in my previous post, we had another ultrasound yesterday and now know the outcome:





Not that you can tell from the images, but we are definitely getting ready to have a little boy. I say "definitely" based on the 5 second flash he gave us. (Apparently, he will need a little lesson on discretion that I have already begun to prepare.) All is good with him in the womb. In the first image, his face is to the front...he's quite a looker! We got a really good look at him from all angles, as he was really bouncing around. I wasn't prepared, though, to discover how active he actually is until I placed my hand on Julie's belly last night and got a substantive kick. I'm still schocked by the force at which it literally knocked my hand off of Julie. Somewhat icked, but mostly excited, I'm anxiously awaiting the next opportunty. If he keeps this up, he'll be ready to run right outta there during the delivery.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Very exciting guys! Sorry I won't be able to help you with clothes though... John's family runs the opposite way - all girls so far.