Tuesday, December 19, 2006

More news on the ever changing body

So my ankles are starting to swell. According to my book, this should only be happening in the 7th month. I’m not even into the 5th yet! Also, the uncomfortable factor has started. It’s pretty much all focused around my chest. Chest, not boobs: they’re fine. It’s hard to explain where the discomfort is but it’s basically the part of my chest where boob and belly meet. That fold. It is now the only place on my upper body that can fold, since the belly has arrived. Hopefully I get used to it. But I must say, it sure is making me sit up straighter. My posture is the best it’s ever been!

I’m still getting used to the fact that we can now say “he” when we speak about the baby. It’s weird to be able to personify it. I didn’t have any idea what’s so ever, so there was no surprise, but it’s really nice to know. Marty was so convinced we were having a girl that I think it took him a while for it to sink in as well. Now it’s all about names. There is one in particular that I really like, but Marty is still determined to see if there is anything else out there. But until he comes up with more serious options than Walken, B.B. and Scooter, it looks like my pick is going to win. I do have one criteria: it has to sound good in both English and French. It’s non-negotiable. As much as I like the name Ethan, it’s impossible to say in French!

Junior (I figure that’s better to use on the blog than “he” all the time) is moving around pretty steadily now. I can’t always feel it on the outside, but he is definitely enjoying the room he has in there. Marty briefly touched on his first experience of feeling the baby move. He totally freaked!! It took him almost a week to want to try again. It’s a bit more subtle then it was that first time. I think Junior really wanted to make sure Marty knew he was there. I do have to admit that it’s very alien like to think there is a tiny human growing in my stomach! Not to mention that in four months I'll be a mother... Pardon me while my brain explodes trying to wrap it around that concept.

Oh, one final word on poop… prunes. As gross as they are, five before going to bed each night seems to be doing the trick. At least for now.

No comments: