Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Getting fatter

Max had his 4 month check up and shots today. He was a very brave boy and didn't cry for very long. Here are his new stats: 15lbs 13oz (in the 52nd percentile) and 25" long (in the 72nd percentile, thank you Detto genes). Dr. Gfeller said he looked good and was happy with his weight gain. I asked about solids and he said not to start before 5 months, as he probably won't be ready to swallow anything yet. We'll see what happens in another couple of weeks.

We have settled into a pretty good routine, so that should mean Max will change it very soon. He is an early riser. He is up at about 5:00-5:30, but is ready for a nap around 7:30, which I am very happy to join him for. I don't think I would be of much use during the day if I didn't get that morning nap. Not so much a morning person.

We walk to the dog park with Chilli and are back around 10ish. By 11 or 12 he is ready to nap again. This time I have to stick him in the sling. He doesn't like to fall asleep on his own for that one. The nap lasts anywhere between 45 minutes and 3 hours! I prefer the longer one, I can get more done. By 4:00 he is starting to get cranky again. His witching hour is between 4-6, which makes getting supper ready a challenge some days. At the moment he loves to sit on the front step. Don't know what we will do when the weather gets really cold! By 8 we are giving him his bath and he is usually asleep by 8:30ish. The night time feeding is anywhere between 2am and 4am. The 2am is better because he usually doesn't fall back to sleep after the 4am. Good thing is that we can leave him in his crib to talk to his mobile for about an hour before he gets fed up.

He hasn't started rolling yet, but is thinking about it. I believe he doesn't see much use for it. But he gets half way and then gets comfortable and stays there for a while. He is pretty good on his stomach. Lifts his head nice a high. Gets a little frustrated after a few minutes.

He is in his excersaucer now. He likes it for the most part. On a good day he will be in it for about 30 minutes. Other days it's maybe 10. I'll take what I can get. He grabs things and has certain toys that he likes better than others, and there are a couple of books that he really enjoys. Next step, Jolly Jumper. I think he'll really like that.

No comments: