Friday, September 21, 2007

Another Detto

Maxim has a new cousin. Emily Amber Othen was born last Friday. Rick and Reanne are doing really well and brother Connor is adjusting. Nana Detto is exhausted after looking after Conner while Reanne was in hospital, but has recovered nicely. I hope to get at least one picture up her on the blog shortly. She has a tonne of hair!

Other than that there isn't a whole lot new on our front. It has been a spectacular week, weather wise. I have been out every day with Max. Today was a great adventure. I've made a new Mommy friend. Heather and her daughter Sarah (a month younger than Max) live near by and we have been doing little things together like going for walks and visiting the National Gallery. I gave her a call to see if she wanted to walk to the Market this afternoon. It was gorgeous and we stopped to pick up a smoothy and then went to sit in Major Hills Park. She is new to Ottawa and had never wandered up there.

After sitting in the grass for an hour and having the kids laying on some blankets, I asked if she wanted to wonder over to the Museum. She hasn't been there either and I thought it might be nice just to pop in to show her and then go later on in the fall when the weather isn't as great. We both wanted to walk a little longer to make the kids fall asleep so over the bridge we went. When we got there I bumped into Chantal, my director, who was coming out of the Glenn Gould exhibit. It's the exhibit that I was working on before I left on mat leave. Steve (the project manager that took over for me) was in the exhibit and let me in to have a sneak peek. It only opens next week. The whole team was there and it was great to see the exhibit in its final stages. It looks great, exactly as we had imagined it. I love when that happens. I was so excited to get a chance to see it before the opening. I am definitely going to go, but you never really get to see the exhibit at the opening. With my parents and Marty's parents coming down in October, I will have plenty of time to wander through it and listen the the audio guide. After the impromptu visit, Heather and I walked home. It's about a 45 minute walk. We were gone for pretty much the whole afternoon. Max was great for the most part, except for some pukage in one of the exhibits. Good thing the carpets are a mottled gray and hide everything!

Mary Francis is on her way here for the weekend. For her birthday this year, Marty and I bought her a bus ticket. We are going to go to the National Gallery tomorrow morning, having lunch in the Market, hitting the Museum in the afternoon and maybe a little shopping at Rideau Center. Mary Fran loves the Museum, and I think there are some great exhibits that she is really going to enjoy. Then Sunday I am driving her home. I am going to meet with some friends that I haven't seen in way too long Sunday afternoon and then driving home on Monday.

It's going to be a busy weekend. Hope your's is going to be just as fun.

No comments: