Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Girl TIme

I love Marty. There are many things to love about him, and I won't go listing them here. But one thing I do love about him is how he never seems to mind when I mention something I would like to do, without him or Max. I usually feel guilty about asking. Not only because I am missing out of my time with Max, but often it means Marty has Max for a full day and night, not getting much time to himself. For the most part, these times are what I call my "Girl Time." Last week I got to have two Girl Times.

The first was Thursday night. I went out for dinner and a movie with some of my girlfriends from work. We went to see Mama Mia! What a blast. I don't know if you have been reading any of the reviews, but they are mostly right. It's so bad, it's good. As nice and Pierce Brosnan might be to look at, he can't hold a tune in a wheel barrow. Makes you question why he was cast in a musical. He was so bad that I laughed until I cried, yelling "Please stop!" at the screen. And of course there was lots of singing. Well worth the $10 entrance fee. If you like ABBA (and honestly, who doesn't) this is definitely worth a look. It doesn't need to be seen on the big screen, so you can wait until it's out on DVD. Then you can laugh and sing in the privacy of your own living room.

The second Girl Time was this past weekend. Heather was in need of a break from motherhood. After almost 15 months of never being away from Sara, the time had come. I had mentioned it to Marty and he said "Why don't you both go to Montreal for a girl's weekend?" (Did I mention how much I love the guy?) We left Saturday morning with a spring in our step and money in our pocket for a little shopping. A little shopping? Is there such a thing in Montreal?

We arrived, had lunch, shopped, had ice cream, shopped, had dinner, and then could barely move as our bodies protested against all the walking. We ended up going to my parents a little earlier then expected and could barely make it to 10:00pm. Oh how different a weekend in Montreal is for me now!

Now it's Marty's turn for some Boy Time. He definitely deserves it.

No comments: