Sunday, August 31, 2008

A day at the zoo

The Toronto Zoo rocks! We went last Saturday with the Stewarts, when it was hotter than Hades, and had a great time. Instead of blabbing on and on, I thought I would put a wonderful weekend in pictures.

The Sting Ray exhibit is on at the moment. It's very cool. Max seemed to like playing in the water more than petting the sting rays. Marty didn't really like the sensation. I thought it was way cool. You can see the sting ray at the bottom right hand corner of the photo.


Oh my, what big ears you have! Better to hear you with my darling!


Max's was very much into walking everywhere, as long as he was holding onto my finger.



What did Max get excited about most? Lions? Tigers? Giraffes? Zebras? No. Fish! I see a fishbowl in my near future.

Marty was so excited about Max seeing elephants. I was a little worried that Marty would disappointed. It was getting late in the day, Max was really hot, he hadn't had a nap, and we didn't know if the elephants would be close enough for him to really get a good look. But neither the elephants nor Max disappointed. Here is the look on his face when he saw them. Then he shot his arm up in the air and did his elephant noise. Marty just beamed.

There is the most incredible splash pad at the zoo. It's huge and considering the heat, it wasn't too crowded. Marty brought his swimsuit and joined in on the fun. I was very grateful for the opportunity to let Max cool off. He loved it!


We ended the day sitting in a little patch of shade and eating - you guessed it - watermelon. It was the perfect end to a perfect day.


Again, we have to thank the Stewarts for their hospitality. There was a lot more fun over the weekend which included water fun in their backyard, some yummy drinks after the kids were in bed, and of course, good food. I can't until we get the basement done and we can finally have them over to our place. Soon guys, very soon!

No comments: