Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Marty's day of surgery

Today, Marty had all four of his wisdom teeth surgically removed. They were impacted, one in the bone. Needless to say, he was under general anesthetic for this. When I picked him up he was so swollen, you could barely recognize him. My heart broke.

Chili didn't leave his side the entire day. Edgar, saw lap opportunity, and Max finally fell asleep in my arms at 4:30 this afternoon. After sitting on the floor with him for a half hour, my ass was numb and I needed to get up to make dinner. I managed to get both myself and Max off the floor and Max onto Marty's chest, STILL SLEEPING! Sometimes I amaze myself.

Marty finally had a little bit of soup tonight, and the swelling has gone down. I think I will sleep in Max's room and let Marty snore to his heart's content tonight. Hopefully tomorrow he will be feeling better.

Nurse, mother, dog walker and cook are off to bed now.

No comments: