Thursday, February 21, 2008

Vacation coming to an end

Our little vacation is coming to a very quick end. It's been a nice get away from the cold weather, but it will be nice to go home and see Marty. I know how much he is missing Max.

The past few days have been nice. The zoo was OK. I am not a huge fan of zoos, but this one is small, well maintained and part of the species survival program, so there were a lot of little baby animals which are always fun to see. Tuesday we went to Mexico. Basically just walked around, I bought some silver rings (had to stop myself from buying a gorgeous necklace, but living on credit means sacrifice! ;-) ), we had a nice lunch and made it home for dinner. Wednesday was a blah day. Grey and rainy. We did some laundry, ran a few errands, that's about it. Today we went to South Padre Island. Typical sea side town. It would have been really nice if the sun was out. It was super windy and grey. The sun did peek through a couple of times, enough to get a little colour in my cheeks and Max got to play in the sand and dip his feet into the ocean (no swimming as the water is only about 18 degrees). Now we are all tired from being out all day and I am looking forward to bed.

I think tomorrow will be spent getting some last minute shopping done, going for one last Mexican food lunch (they have been amazing so far) and packing. Then up at the crack of dawn on Saturday for the LONG journey home. I can only hope that Max is half as good as he was on the way here. All week he has been his usual laid back guy, only melting down when he is really over tired. My parents have been flaunting him all over the park, and all the other grandparents seem to like having a little snuggle from a wee one, reminding them of the ones they are missing at home.

Stay tuned for Tiny Moments from Texas when I get back.

No comments: