Monday, December 03, 2007

Yeah Winter!

Welcome to winter! Today we are in the midst of one of the biggest snow storms I have seen in a very long time. It really is something from my childhood. Playing in the street with the dog in shin high snow and catching huge snow flakes on my tongue. Max even seemed to be trying to catch some snow flakes. Quebec students and teachers got a snow day today. Unfortunately Ottawa doesn't believe in closing the schools, even when the buses are canceled. So Marty had to dig his way out this morning and head into school. Basically what teachers end up being on days like today are glorified daycare workers, which is what they try not to do every other day of the school year.

I can't wait to get out cross country skiing. I usually head out to Meredith's and we go for a ski along the Wakefield Train train tracks, which are just at the end of her street. It's a great spot. If the roads get plowed, I may attempt to go out tonight. Though I am not holding my breath. I think we will have about 40cm by then end of it all. Yeah!

Here are a couple of pics from our snow fun this morning.


No comments: