Thursday, August 23, 2007

Reno woes

We are still amidst bathroom renovations. I don't even want to try and figure out how long we have been at it. Or to be perfectly honest, how long Marty has been at it. We finally called a plumber to install the toilet, and he finally showed up on Tuesday afternoon. We went a whole day with no leaks to wake up this morning to find it dripping again. Pretty much put a damper on the day, and it's our anniversary! Both Marty and I are starting to get really down about the whole thing. Living in a house that is in complete chaos, not to mention having a bathroom with no door on it, is no longer fun. Both of us are very anxious to get it completed. Or at least the door back on!

But there is a little good news. Yesterday Marty and I bought a dishwasher. We have been waiting for a portable one from Home Depot for about a month now. It's back ordered. So on a whim, we checked UsedOttawa.ca and voila! A two year old Kenmore portable dishwasher for a third of the price we were going to pay for the one we were waiting for. We called, checked it out and 30 minutes later arrived home with a dishwasher! Marty changed the faucet today and we are good to do a load tonight. Very exciting. And the 4 year anniversary is appliances! Marty lucked out on that one!

Max and I went to our first play group today. It was interesting. The conversation didn't flow very freely so there was a fair amount of sitting around staring at each other. I tried my best to get conversations going, but you can't get blood from a stone if there just isn't any there. There were two women that I could see myself doing stuff with, but they live out in Rockland or Orleans. I really would like to meet some women in town. In a couple of weeks I will be starting a Kindermusik group with Maxim here in town, so hopefully I will meet some nice moms and maybe be able to strike up a friendship or two.

We are still waiting for Little Booger to arrive (Olga and Jonathan's bundle). Olga's on mat leave already and Matteo is not due for another couple of weeks. It's nice having her off already so that I have someone to play with!

Marty starts school next week, so I will be back on my own. It's been really nice having him home for that past few weeks. I think it will take a little adjusting time when he is gone all day and I have to get back into fulltime Mommy mode. With a little more organization, I hope to have a nice little routine. We'll see how well that works out...

No comments: