Sunday, August 05, 2007

Gifts

We have received some wonderful gifts over the past few months. And three of the most thoughtful were received in the past few weeks.

First, our friends Kevin and Sabrina popped by one day to say hello and came with a gift certificate. It is for three hours of house cleaning with a maid service. How incredible is that? I'm thinking we will call once the bathroom renos are completed, the house is beyond dirty at the moment.

The second came all the way from Halifax. Our friend Chara is a textiles artist and sent an email to friends calling for pieces of material. Along with the material, she asked for a little story about the history of the piece and its significance. Once Chara received the material, she created a quilt based on the poem "The Owl and the Pussy Cat." It is the most incredible quilt. When I opened the gift, there was a little booklet. The booklet had pictures of some of our friends, who I know Chara doesn't know and I was a little confused. And then I got it. I was so overwhelmed. I could barely read the little stories for tears. It really is the most beautiful gift. It's something all three of us will cherish for a life time.
The third gift came while I was at home. Last week I stayed with my sister Tammy and the clan. One night Tammy and Matthew said that they were going to bring the play pen into their room and take Max for the night. They gave me the gift of sleep. Oh blissful sleep! It was wonderful. I don't remember turning out the light, woke up at 4am to pump and then again at 7am. It was wonderful!

Thanks to all of you.

No comments: