Sunday, April 08, 2007

Baby Shower 2 (and a surprise 3!)

So baby shower number 2 was last Sunday. Meredith and Olga kicked Marty and I out of the house at about 11 so that they could decorate and get things ready. Marty and I had a lovely lunch out, ordered our Chariot (stroller of champions for those uninitiated) and wondered around Westborrow for a couple of hours. When Marty dropped me off, the house was all nicely decorated, people had already started arriving and the food was plentiful.

There was about 13 or 14 people stuffed into our little living room, but nobody seemed too bothered. Josee and Danielle even made it in from Montreal. Marty took Chili with him to Kevin's so that saved about three body spaces saved! Mere had called Mom a few days prior to get some trivia questions and then when everyone had answered them, she called Mom, put her on the speaker phone and let her answer the questions live. Everyone got a good giggle out of it, and I didn't even know the answer to some of the questions! Mom was very happy to have been able to be involved. Aunty Irene was there too!

We basically all sat around chatted, ate some really good food and then the present opening began. Everyone was so incredibly generous, that I was opening for a good half hour! We got clothes, bedding, bath time stuff, toys, a monitor,... the list goes on. And of course Kevin got a Leaf bag for Junior, which will become his own little travel bag. Marty was pleased. It was a very lovely afternoon.

Then there was Baby Shower 3. A complete surprise. The girls from work (who were all at the Ottawa shower) planned a shower for me at work as well. Thursday afternoon, I wondered down the hall to get something off the colour printer, and there they were decorating. So I spoiled the surprise, but was surprised none the less. At 3:00 I was summoned down the hall and there were about 20-25 of my colleagues, a table full of food and delicious cake, and two tables covered in gifts! I was embarrassed.

It was such a nice surprised and everyone was having a good time. Nothing like a little party the afternoon before a long weekend! The amount of gifts was astonishing. Everyone was so incredibly generous. The girls had put the call in the invitation to "dress Julie's baby." The amount of clothes we got should keep Junior covered (and the cutest on the block!) for at least the first year! I still can't get over how much we got. We also got some great toys, a wonderful teddy bear and I got a great gift certificate to the York Street Spa (thank you Chantal!). So needless to say, I spent all of Friday writing thank you cards, and I still have about a dozen more to do.

Thank you to everyone once again. Both Marty and I are so appreciative of everyone's generosity.

No comments: