Friday, April 13, 2007

Day 2 of Mat Leave

So my maternity leave started yesterday. It's day two and... yes, I'm already getting squirrelly. As most of you know, I'm not very good at the sitting down and relaxing and enjoying some down time. I need things to do to keep me happy and sane. So suggestions are welcome!

Yesterday Marty and I did my belly cast. For those who don't know what I am talking about, it's a cast of my belly and breasts. Some women do it for a keep sake, we are doing it for a piece of artwork. The cast turned out really great (Marty is surprisingly crafty!). I didn't realize how giant my boobs were though! And it did rip a layer of skin off where we didn't put enough Vaseline. After it dries, Tammy is going to paint it. We want to have flowers painted on it and it will hang in our dinning room. Sounds weird? But it's going to be gorgeous! Just you wait.

After that we had an appointment with the midwife. Other that the fact that my puffy ankles have turned into elephant feet (Marty thinks they look like balls of pizza dough with toes), I'm doing fine, and Junior is still pretty content at sitting bum down. His head is getting bigger by the minute! Considering both Marty and I have pin heads, how the heck did we end up with Stewie (Family Guy reference). Tanya estimates that Junior has hit the 8lbs mark. The rate he's going, we are going to end up mega baby! Maybe I should be glad that we aren't going natural! We meet with the OB on Monday to get the whole scheduling thing figured out for the c-section.

So today's plans? It's snowy and gross here at the moment. I'm hoping to maybe walk to the Post Office to send off some thank you cards for the shower. And that's about all I have planned. What the heck am I going to do with the other 14 hours??

No comments: