Friday, February 02, 2007

Exciting news

We have a midwife!! At six months, I finally got the call that there was a midwife that was available for a birth in April. How excited was I!? Considering I haven't even seen the obstetrician yet, I figured it was perfect timing. We meet her on February 15th. I can’t wait. Though this means that I have to make the awkward call of letting the doula that we won't be needing her services anymore. Which I feel badly about, but she has mentioned before that she gets calls right up to a couple of weeks before a couple is due. And we are taking our prenatal classes with her, so I guess I shouldn't be feeling too bad. Not only am I very excited that we will be birthing with a midwife, which is what we wanted from the very start; the more practical part of me is excited that we are going to be able to save the $600 that it would have cost to have the doula.

I’ll be sure to post after we meet the midwife to let you know how it goes. Though I’ve been told by Marty that I’m a little too wordy in my posts. I will try to be more to the point, but I am a Barlow, so I don’t know how that is going to work out.

No comments: