Monday, May 11, 2009

From Baby to Boy

Happy belated Mother's Day to all the mom's out there. I hope you had a few moments to yourself, and was smothered with love and appreciation for how truly wonderful you are.

I was woken up (after a lovely sleep in) by Max carrying the card that he made at daycare. And he actually gave it to me! He usually says that his crafts are "mine!" but this time he gave it over freely. And I loved it.

Saturday was more my day then Sunday. A morning hike with two of my closest friends turned into lunch which turned into shopping and me getting home at dinner time! Love Marty for going with the flow and being OK with me going AWOL.

Sunday was family day. Morning at the park with the dog (it was bloody cold!). Then we went to the mall for lunch. Max loved the mall. It's not somewhere we go frequently, especially with Max. I would never be able to get any shopping done. But he enjoyed himself so much, walking on the patterns of the floor tiles, checking out the gigantic flower and plant pots, the water fountain, and the escalators! They were his favorite, bar none.

There was an ulterior motive to the mall trip. We decided that Max was due for a hair cut; his very first hair cut. And for his first cut we figured we would do something special. Yes, we were sucked in. There is this place called Melonheads at the mall. It's a hair salon for kids. You can sit in a race car, Thomas the tank, horse, etc. TVs with cartoons on, sparkly gels, coloured mooses. You get the picture. Max wanted the rocket ship. The hair dressers are really nice and good at what they do: trying to cut hair on a moving target. Max wasn't phased by the cutting, he just didn't want to sit still. So she brought him a toy, and that lasted for a few minutes and then the sucker. Now that worked! And he got his hair cut. He has gone from being my little baby to my little boy, just like that. In 10 minutes.

I have to admit that I teared up. My heart hurt. He is growing up.

So with no further adue, here's the new do.

Before



After


A few people have said that he looks a lot like Marty. I see my dad. It's actually uncanny how much I see my dad.

No comments: