Thursday, June 21, 2007

Chubby

We have weight gain!!! Actually, Tanya thought it was a little excessive for a week, but I figure he is just playing catch up. He is now 10lbs 10oz. So he basically gained over a pound in a week. Well, eight days if you want to be very specific. Marty and I are very happy and relieved. Though we could tell that he put on weight. He has big chubby thighs and cheeks now. Tanya said he looked perfect, but we knew that already.

It was our last appointment with Tanya. It was kinda sad. She has been so supportive and helpful and concerned for my and Maxim's welfare. It was such a nice health care experience, which isn't something you can often say. I would definitely encourage anyone to get a midwife if they could, though I know it is so. And another bonus having been with the midwives is the fact that they got us in with a pediatrician that we really like. We see him next Tuesday to get Max's first set of shots. We will also be trying to see if Max does has reflux. His spit up has gotten worse again, which is supposedly very common for formula babies. But this morning he had major projectile spit up. I was sitting in the leather chair and it hit the table in front of the window. I'm hoping that it was a one shot deal.

Something else we have discovered about formula babies, crazy poop! Max now only poops every three days, but when he does... look out!! The first time astonished me. Marty was sleeping. The second time was early morning and shot out the side of his diaper and all over me. Marty was at work. And this afternoon was the third time. I actually considered waiting for Marty to get home from the grocery store but I thought it was a bit cruel to make my child sit in his own filth for too long. But Marty got home in time to see the explosion and was as astonished as I was the first time. And the stench!! We are going to have to buy an extra strength deodorizer for our diaper pail. The smell is starting to make me gag a little.

Marty has been on a six day shift. Tonight is his last night and we are both looking forward to the next six days off. Marty so that he can spend some time with Max (and hopefully some poop clean ups!), and me so that I can do some things for me, like go for breakfast with Mere and get some time in the garden. I love Max to bits, but a little time off will be nice. Though more than a couple of hours away from Max is the the most I've been able to handle.

No comments: