Sunday, May 13, 2007

Tags

I have been tagged twice now by my friend Karen. It's a blogger thing, which I am very new to, but as I plan to be a consistent blogger over the next year of my mat leave, I think I better get blogger savvy. So I am going to finally respond to the tags. You are supposed to tag other people, but as Karen is the only friend of mine that blogs, the tagging is unfortunately going to end with me on this loop. The tags move a little away from the Maxim focus of the blog, but only momentarily, and it will give readers a little insight into the brain and life of Julie. I have asked Marty to respond to the tags as well, since he is technically supposed to be the main contributor to this blog, but we'll see what he decides to do.

So Tag No. 1 - If I could only listen to 7 songs for the rest of my life, what would they be... Here is my list as of today. Ask me in a few weeks, and I am sure it will be different.

1. No One is to Blame - Howard Jones: this is a song from my teenage years that I completely loved and sang all the time. Danielle and I would actually sing it while we hiked during Pathfinder camps.
2. Fly Me to the Moon - Tony Bennet: this is Marty and my song. No other explanation needed.
3. Beautiful Boy - John Lennon: this song was not on my original list, but now with the arrival of Maxim, it just seems right.
4. Somebody - Depeche Mode: again a song from my teenage years. It's my favourite DM song.
5. Young Hearts Run Free - Kim Mazelle: It's on the Romeo and Juliette soundtrack. There is no way that I can listen to this song and not dance.
6. Hallelujah - Lenard Cohen: for those who know me, you might be surprised that I have a Lenard Cohen song on my list, as I really don't like him. But this song is so incredibly beautiful that even his droning voice is listenable. But any version of this song will do.
7. Killing Me Softly - The Fugees: this is a song from my rubgy years, and has some incredible memories along with it. And another song that I just have to dance to.

Tag No. 2 - Things about me

4 jobs I've had
1. Sweat shop worker (taking the t-shirts out of the oven after they were silk screened. I was 15)
2. McDonald's cashier
3. Office Clerk
4. Meteorology consultant

4 movies I can watch over and over again
1. Romeo and Juliette
2. Garden State
3. Notting Hill
4. Star Wars

4 places I have lived
1. St. Jean (Qc)
2. Brossard (Qc)
3. India
4. Ottawa

4 TV shows I love to watch (oh, there are so many to choose from!)
1. Battlestar Galactica
2. Scrubs
3. Charmed (yes, a very guilty pleasure)
4. Grey's Anatomy

4 places I have been on vacation
1. Mexico
2. Florida
3. Cuba
4. Europe

4 of my favourite dishes
1. Mom's spaghetti sauce
2. 5 p pasta (ask for the recipe if you want, it's a staple in our house)
3. #304 at our favourite Vietnamese restaurant
4. tuna cups (again, recipe to those who want)

4 websites I visit daily
1. Karen's blog
2. my email
3. Babycenter.ca
4. my banking website

4 places I'd rather be right now
1. sleeping
2. South of France
3. at a cottage, on a lake (any cottage, any lake will do)
4. snuggled on the couch with Marty and Max

I am now supposed to tag four other bloggers, but since Karen is the only other blogger I know, the tag ends here.

No comments: