Tuesday, January 16, 2007

More Observations

A few more observations from the first pregnancy perspective.

I have now out grown most of my initial maternity clothes. What sort of scam is this? The maternity clothing market is something I think I will consider investing in. I have outgrown most of my nice new little tops. And it's not the belly part, it's the boobs. I had to stuff myself into my pretty Christmas blouse for one last time, just because I only wore it about 4 times. And it's so pretty!! But bless Trish's heart, who is about to burst and lent me a bag full of new tops. It was just like Christmas going through the bag and trying them all of. Today I am sporting a lovely pale blue linen top, which is quite roomy and I have high hopes of wearing it for a good couple of months.

Next observation, I'm growing moles. Ick is right! They aren't technically moles (according to my investigative reading) but little skin "flaps" that change colour after a while. Supposedly they go away after delivery. I sure hope so, because I am starting to get a little freaked out. I've got a lot of them!! A few other things I am not going to miss: swollen ankles, puffy fingers, sore hips, and this weird muscle/skin pain thing (which is still there).

But before everyone starts to think that I am ungrateful, there are defiantly some things that I will miss. Like Marty kissing my belly. When he came to pick me up at the airport after my trip to New York (which I will blog about soon), I got a kiss and then the belly got a kiss. How wonderful is that! I will also miss him reading to Junior. The nights that he is home when I go to bed, he puts his head on my belly and reads from a book of children's poems. I will also miss feeling Junior moving around. The whole weirdness of knowing there is a tiny human growing inside me as passed. Now I just like to feel him swimming around and doing cartwheels. I actually get a little sad when I don't feel him at the moments when I can actually sit and relax and enjoy it. To the point that I start poking my belly to see if it will get him moving. Supposedly he will react to light now, so I think we will have to try the flash light on the belly thing and see if it gets him moving. If only I knew where his head was!

No comments: