Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone!! I must apologize for not being more faithful to the blog. I guess there just isn’t a whole lot going on right now that I think people will be interested in. But I figured a little holiday recap might be appropriate at this time.

This was our first Christmas in Ottawa. We are usually in TO by the 24th the latest, but with Marty’s schedule, he had to work Christmas night. So, what to do? Olga and Jonathan invited us over for a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner. I know Marty raved about it on his last entry, but I have to rave too. It was the best turkey dinner I have had in my life! The turkey was so juicy and tender, even the white meat melted in your mouth like butter. Kudos to Jonathan, you make a mean bird!

Marty didn’t end up having to work Christmas Eve, so we got o have a wonderful sleep in together and then opened our stockings. We are obviously meant to be together as we bought two of the same things for each other. I now have a couple of good books to hunker down and enjoy. Thanks babe! And we treated ourselves to the new digital camera (see previous blogs). Marty had to work Christmas night but we enjoyed a dinner of cheese and pates, and some SFU.

On Boxing Day we headed for TO after Marty got some sleep. We arrived just in time to have leftover turkey (gotta love a holiday when you get to eat turkey twice!) with the whole Detto clan (sans Kevin whose in BC). It was nice that everyone was able to stay the extra night so that we could see them. Connor, Junior’s cousin, is a great little guy whose just learning to walk and ready to run. Marty and I did some mall walking (the malls in the outskirts of TO are incredible!!), saw a movie, walked the dog, I finally learn how to play Euker, and got to sleep a lot. Exactly what a holiday is supposed to be.

We headed back home on the 29th, had quick bite to eat and headed out to see Mere and Ron (and Ella of course, Duncan was in bed). We had to take advantage of the one night we were going to be able to get out and spend a little time with them. It was a really nice night, though short.

Marty started his latest shift on the 30th. Since he was going to be working on New Year’s Eve, I jumped on the bus and headed to Mtl to spend a couple of days with the fam. It was really nice. I had a chance to catch up with Josee and Danielle, and spend some time with Claudia and Charlotte. Seems the Strawberry Shortcake toys were a big hit! Went to a really nice dinner with Tam, Matt and the kids and then Danielle and Adrian came over to watch the ball drop. We all made it to midnight (even Tam, barely) and then all went to bed rather quickly! I got to watch the Rose Bowl parade (my New Year’s Day tradition) on a large flat screen TV in HD. Very impressive. Matt brought me to the bus stop and was his usual gallant self. The line up was crazy so he found someone, told them I was pregnant and next thing you know, I’m being ushered onto a bus. Sweet! I’ve got to start using this pregnancy thing to my advantage.

Oh, and the pregnancy. Things are moving along. I am still have some real discomfort with the muscle thing around my rib cage. It is really starting to feel like a torn muscle. I see the doctor tomorrow, so I’ll see if there is anything to do. Bras are a nightmare and I haven’t really worn one for the last week and a half. Don’t know what I am going to do now that I have to go back to work.

So that’s the news. A new belly shot will be coming in the next couple of days. And Mom, I’ve got a picture of Danielle and I butting bellies which I think you will like, that I will post as well.

Sorry for the rambling…

No comments: