Tuesday, January 08, 2008

We're heading to Texas!

That's right folks, Max and I are heading to Texas! Mom called at New Year's to see if Tam and I wanted to head down and see them. She has enough points to fly us down. Warm weather, free flight? Heck yes!

Oh oh, snag... Max needs a passport. Why do baby's need passports? I really find it a little ridiculous. So last week while Marty wasn't back I school I went to the passport office to apply for Max's first passport. What's the most ridiculous thing I think is the picture. You have to have their eyes open and can't show that you are holding them (if you need to). Now at least Max can sit on his own, but what about a new born? Or a three month old? I met a woman while, waiting for two hours in line, who had her eight month old with her. She said it took about 25-30 tries to get an appropriate picture! Max did it on the first shot. That's my boy! The photographer was very impressed. He even thought that it was ridiculous that you have to get passports for babies and he is getting 20 bucks to take the picture. He said in his country (not too sure where that is) the children go onto the parents passport until they are 10 years old. Now that makes more sense.

So now I have something to plan. Seeing that I haven't had anything to plan for a while I think this trip might get planned to death. Marty is already rolling his eyes at me. Oh speaking of Marty, he has to write a letter granting me permission to take Max out of the country since Max doesn't have my last name. Marty is loving this "having to give permission" thing and now walks around the house granting me permission to do every little thing. I hope that grows tiresome for him soon as it already has for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like fun! i can share some travel tips if you'd like ;)

Danielle